Posted By 0 Comment(s) 376 View(s)
These leafy tea light holders with gold highlights will make your home feel snug, even when it's cold outside!
What do you need?
- Fimo Soft,
- Acrylic roller,
- Metal gold sheets,
- Modelling tools,
- Glass lantern
How do you start with this?
- First roll out 2 blocks of Fimo soft emerald into a thin sheet using the acrylic roller.
- Now cut out the leaf template and using the knife, cut 3 leaves from the Fimo sheet.
- Then take the modelling tool and score veins in the leaf.
- Next, place the leaf metal carefully on the leaf and smooth with your fingers.
- Go over the leaf veins once more using the modelling tool. This will create what is known as a crackled effect, tearing the leaf metal and allowing the Fimo unterneath to show through. Remove the rest of the leaf metal. Repeat these steps for all the leaves.
- Now place the leaves around the glass and press down. Harden the Fimo leaf glass in the oven for 30min. at 110°C.
- Then leave to cool and protect the leaves by varnishing them with varnish for leaf metal.
- Your botanical leaf lantern is done!