Posted By 0 Comment(s) 177 View(s)
The 'himmeli' mobile works perfectly as a stylish geometric container for your air plants. Don't let the complex structure of the himmeli fool you - the basic shape is actually quite easy to make.
What do you need?
How do you start with this?
- Cut the straws into 12 pieces of the same length, about 10-14cm long. the longer the pieces, the langer the himmeli will be.
- Begin by taking 3 pieces of straw and threading them onto the string. Leave a short tail, about 20cm, in one end to finish the himmeli with. Form the straws into a tringle and tie a knot. Add 2 more straws to the longer string tail, form a second triangle and tie.
- Continue by adding another 2 straws to the long tail to form a new triangle and tying a knot. Add a fourth and fifth traingle to the structure the same way.
- At this point, you should have only one straw left. Thread the last straw onto the longer string tail, connect the long tail to the shorter tail, and tie. Hold the structure so that you can see a pyramid and two triangular "wings" on each side.
- Slip the string ends towards the tips of the wings through the straws and tie the wing together to form a diamond shape. Secure the structure with double knots.
- Now you're ready to hang the himmeli and place your favourite air plant inside.