Posted By 0 Comment(s) 297 View(s)
Express your love for someone special with this easy to make piece of art! Below we give you the instructions to create the "dotty heart".
What do you need?
- a desired pattern (heart shape),
- different colours paint (pink, red and purple),
- a canvas,
- a sponge brush
How do you start with this?
- Find an outline of a heart that you like and draw it around in pencil. Make sure it fits the canvas size.
- Carefully cut it out and place it in the middle of your canvas. This will act as a mask so if you want to secure it, use a little craft tape to hold it in place.
- We used different tones of paint in the colours pink, red and purple. Use your sponge brush and dip it into the paint. Gently dab the paint onthe the canvas, start with adding paint dots to the edge of your paper heart mask. this will create a strong edge to your heart shape.
- Continue to add the colours equally, giving a lovely mix of tones. Make sure you add your dots right to the edge of your canvas.
- Allow to dray and then gently peel off your mask to reveal the crisp white heart beneath.